Hwang Se-joon, CEO of Jellyfish Entertainment, home to popular group VIXX, bought the new building in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam, Seoul for 14 billion won (approx 13.15 million USD) last January.
The new building is a 5-story building with a total floor space of 1650 square meters. The property was transferred to Hwang on February 28th.
Jellyfish, which does not currently have a private office like SM or YG, will remodel the building and use it as the official home office for their company and artists.
Jellyfish is one of the leading entertainment companies in Korea, including top artists such as Seo In-kook, VIXX, gugudan, Park Jung-soo, Lee Jong-won, Kim Sun-young, Park Jung-ae, Park Ye-jin and Hyun Ju. Jellyfish produce music, dramas, musicals, performances and so on.
In 2014, the company’s sales exceeded 10 billion won (approx 9.38 million USD) as the annual sales increased. As of June last year, sales reached 22.978 billion won (approx 21.5 million USD).
- [+293 / -7] That building costs 10 million dollars…
- [+209 / -4] So did Park Jin-young and Yang Hyun-seok. Getting a monthly rent from the company after buying the building. ㅋㅋ
- [+131 / -4] Did you say you they bought it under the name of the CEO, not under the company??? So the company going to pay rental fees to the CEO…
- [+11 / -1] Park Hyo-shin, Sung Si-kyung, and all of the money-making kids are out… But I guess they have enough money to buy a new building
- [+11 / -1] Pay more attention to VIXX….
- [+7 / -0] Doesn’t look like it was a good buy
- [+6 / -1] That’s 10 million dollars..??
- [+4 / -0] Korea’s economy should refrain from pushing up the price of its own apartment buildings. As the Korean economy rises, it is more likely for the economy to face the risk of falling into a bubble, and when it will burst it will hurt everyone.
- [+4 / -0] Seoul is really expensive. If you look at the news, you will see that one room in Seoul costs more than a full apartment in other areas as well as the countryside. Yet, I still want to go to Seoul ㅇㅅㅇ
- [+4 / -0] Well, maybe the celebrities will buy all the buildings.