A rookie girl duo ii (아이아이) is under a controversy after appearing in MBC’s Radio ‘Kim Shin Young’s Noon Song of Hope’ on May 25th.
On that day, ii covered BLACKPINK‘s hit song ‘Playing with Fire‘. The duo sang it live and in this process, they disappointed and shocked the listeners with their abilities which haven’t met the expectations. Not only that, the cover was full of mistakes and made the listeners doubt ii’s skills.
In the end, it also turned into controversy. Kim Shin Young said right after the cover finished “It’s okay, it can happen to anyone”. ii’s agency said, “ii’s voices weren’t good that day because it was their first time appearing in the radio and they felt a lot of tension”.
ii is a rookie girl duo who debuted on May 1st with ‘I’m Already You’. Currently, netizens blame their lack of ability. Anyway, as rookies, they succeed by making sure their name is clearly known.
- [+512 / -5] Hey, make the legendary Ori debut once again.. You call yourself singers when Ori can’t sing anymore.
- [+382 / -5] I was listening to the radio at work. I told myself ten times that I’m hearing wrong and the radio is the problem… I thought it was a public call….
- [+310 / -2] These it is so hard to make your name out there… At first, I thought it was some kind of marketing… but then I heard the cover…
- [+27 / -0] Haven’t you seen how Ori blew her debut with just one stage ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+25 / -1] Rookies are practicing their butts off, work nonstop to show some results, even if they are nervous. There is no such excuse in the professional world.
- [+22 / -0] I never thought you could sing this song like this.
- [+20 / -0] I wanted to see how hard this song on my own.. I invested 25,800 won (approx 25$) to sing in a karaoke room. I won.
- [+18 / -0] What kind of marketing is this ㅋㅋㅋ
- [+18 / -8] It’s okay. TWICE sing too.
- [+15 / -3] ‘Playing with Fire’ isn’t too difficult to sing… to mess that song so hard.