On May 7th, Eunjin posted on DIA‘s fancafe with a handwritten letter for fans.
Eunjin letter read that she was sorry to her fans that she had to meet with them in such a way and apologize for not being able to meet with the fans sooner. She has been thinking long and hard about what she wants to write truly from the bottom of her heart.
Since last year, she hasn’t had a good day and constantly struggled to get out of bed. She struggled with anxiety and fears when performing even though there were times she was receiving support.
Eunjin continues by stating that she knows she’s not healthy and will try to overcome the battle because this has been her goal for some time. But she realized she had made it difficult for DIA to make comebacks, and decided to make the ultimate decision to leave the group.
She came to the decision after a lot of thought and struggles and hopes fans can respect her decision and will not feel betrayed. She promises to cheer the rest of the members on as a normal ordinary girl in her 20s.
- [+15 / -3] You looked in pain… I’ll cheer for you!
- [+6 / -0] I guess the reason why we couldn’t see DIA wasn’t because of Produce 48, but the health issues of the member. As a fan who cheered for Eunjin, I wish I can see her one day with a healthy look. Please take care of your health!
- [+4 / -0] Eunji fighting, get well!
- [+3 / -0] Good job Kwang-Soo.
- [+2 / -0] I really liked Eunjin. I hope you won’t get hurt by the malicious comments.
- [+2 / -0] Ah.. It is DIA’s disbandment order… she was one of the main members.
- [+0 / -0] I hope you will do whatever you want to do and achieve everything.
- [+0 / -0] There are many people who don’t think until the end. I do not have any interest in DIA, but saying stuff like you look fine and it’s your personality which is messed… is wrong. Please don’t use abusive language just because.
- [+0 / -2] She will just end working as BJ anytime soon.